April

Change.
It came as March ran out like a lion, leaving its lamb counterpart to freeze until April's showers bring May's flowers. It was a surprise when he arrived, Change; I wasn't quite ready for him, I didn't even have the kettle warm. But he was generous and gave me a moment to collect myself. It was so wonderful to see his face - to know that this long, dull, mundane winter was over.
"It's April, darling," he said to me. "Let's get started, shall we?"

He gave me a moment to answer, Yes or No. But I didn't even have to think - I felt like I'd been proposed to by my one true love. Yes. Yes Yes Yes! I said, and embraced him completely.

Call me a fool, April, but I'm still going to dance my next waltz with class.

1 comment:

  1. That is so wonderful that Change has come, and in such a beautiful embodiment. I love the way your wrote this. Something about this part really appeals to me: Change; I wasn't quite ready for him, I didn't even have the kettle warm." It just sets up a lovely image in my mind. :)

    I hope all continues wonderfully. xx

    ReplyDelete