Hurricane

What a daze, what a daze,
been stuck in it for days.
I think it's from sleeping in a strange bed,
and having confusing thoughts in my head.
And never being sure where I am,
but always moving on.

I feel like a nomad, wandering alone,
but instead of vast spaces,
I'm stuck in small places.
Always seeing the same faces,
and regretting it so.

With so much rain, I'm worried I'll float away,
or drown in the tea that keeps me warm.
I burned pages I am ashamed of last night,
but I can't forget what was on them.
No matter how hard I try.

I'm going to write new ones today,
to replace them and forget them.
All the while waiting,
but for what, I'm never really sure.

Today,
I just want to be okay,
with being by myself.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love this Diana! The brilliant homophony in the first lines, the relatable last verse, and everything in between - oh! (I feel like I'm babbling like an idiot, but such is my life.)

    "I burned pages I am ashamed of last night,
    but I can't forget what was on them.
    No matter how hard I try."


    I sort of gasped when I read that, cause I've had that happen to me lately.

    ReplyDelete