I won't forget

"You won't forget me, Peter, will you, before spring-cleaning time comes?'
Of course Peter promised; and then he flew away."
~ Peter Pan

But he did forget, as all little boys do.
They can't be bothered worrying about anything else besides pirates.
But like Wendy, I know he loved me, once upon a time,
as much as a little boy can.
And though he never came back for me,
I know he keeps my kiss with him,
and I keep a locket of his fairy dust
close to my heart.



Oh Peter,
I won't ever forget you.
No matter how many adventures I have.

4 comments:

  1. Very cool. :)
    That rascal Peter, eh?

    You can read more of HIS adventures in these two great books:
    A story based on Barrie’s own idea for more:
    Click!
    And a great 'What if?' adventure (but it's not for the kids!): Click!
    BELIEVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone has this boy in their life.
    I love how heavy and beautiful this is, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peter Pan makes me cry, every time; it really is so sad! To choose between growing up and the scariness of having to become who we are in order to be able to love someone, or to stay the same and young and happy and carefree for ever. xx

    ReplyDelete